AX Hotel Operations p.l.c is one of the largest hotel operators in Malta. It is known for its ways of thinking differently and forecasting market trends in order to meet and exceed customers’ expectations in every possible way. This practice is envisioned well in each of its distinguished hotels all of which are somewhat rich in individual character, as well as being adequate to every kind of client and employee alike.
AX Hotel Operations p.l.c goes with the slogan ‘Inspire People’. This is in fact the platform for our success. ‘People’ are precisely the reason for all our accomplishments. We are a people industry with two clients in mind, the external customers as well as the internal ones. The two need to be happy and in harmony. We take this very seriously, to the extent of inspiring other hotel owners to join forces with us by entrusting us to manage their property as ours. Hence broadening horizons for all stakeholders involved.
AX Hotel Operations p.l.c has become well known for being a trend setter.
- The first venture started in 1983 with the Sunny Coast Resort, a 4-star complex in Qawra.
- In 1988 it inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the All-inclusive 4-star Seashells Resort at Suncrest.
- In the same year, in 1988 the first Tal-Kaptan restaurant opened right opposite of The Seashells Resort.
- In 1996 the Group shifted its attention to Sliema and developed the 4 star Victoria Hotel.
- The following year in 1997, a 200 year Palazzo Capua was restored to its original glory.
- In 2007 the second Tal-Kaptan outlet was added to the restaurant franchise at the Valletta Waterfront.
- In 2007 developed the first 5-star hotel in Sliema, The Palace.
- The Palace also homes the first 6 of the Designer Suite Collection and TemptAsian Restaurant.
- In 2014 acquired the Luzzu Complex in Qawra.
- In 2015 the first Cheeky Monkey GastroPub opened right opposite of The Seashells Resort.
- In 2017 the Group will be adding The Saint John A Boutique Hotel in Valletta.
The 6 hotels have been grouped under the AX Hotels brand that is planning further expansion in the near future.